The worlds population
他们更喜欢歌颂他们今天生活的新作品。我倾向于小杨的喜欢老歌的意见。这种结构更好一些。
2)跟不定式。例如:
I prefer to walk there.我宁愿走路去。
But people prefer to order their dishes if they have the time.
但人们更愿意点菜,如果有时间的话。
At the moment they preferred not to talk about this question.
在这个时刻,他宁愿不谈这个问题。
We should have preferred to leave on the 8th, but we didn’t because we had to wait for another classmate.
我们本来更愿意在八号走的,但没有成功,因为我们得等另外一个同学。
3)跟V+ ing结构。例如:
I prefer standing.我情愿站着。
He preferred spending his spare time doing some serious reading.
他比较喜欢把业余时间用来认真读点书。
So you prefer living in the suburbs?
这么说,你是更愿意住郊区了?
He preferred speaking without referring to his notes.
他喜欢不看稿子作报告。
4)跟带不定式的复合结构。例如:
I should have preferred him to do it in a different way.
我倒愿意他用另一种办法办。
They preferred her not to go with them.
他们宁愿她不跟他们去。
The committee would prefer the matter to be discussed at the next morning.
委员们希望这个问题下次会议再讨论。
5)跟从句。例如:
He preferred, of course, such activities should cease.
他当时情愿这种活动不再继续下去。
She preferred that we should have the discussion right after the lecture.
她更愿意我们一听完课就讨论。
I would have preferred that we do it some other way.
我倒愿意我们采取另一种做法。
《The worlds population(第3页)》